Long before the current global warming issue became mainstream news, we have been concerned with the damage being done to our [one and only] environment.
In the blink of a cosmic second, we have been able to undo what it took Mother Nature billions of years to create.
Careless business practices over the past century and especially in the past 50 years have done tremendous damage to our environment, particularly to our natural resources and to our fellow animal species.
Through the years, we have been a leader in managing our business in a way that impacts the environment in a friendly, positive, and thoughtful manner. Long before others were paying attention to environmental issues, we implemented the following Environmental Vision and Management Policy:
- Virtually 100% of our paper purchases are from paper companies that harvest trees from decades old tree farms specifically planted, harvested, and replanted to provide an ongoing source of non-public paper pulp.
- We recycle tons and tons of paper every month. Frankly, it is a lot of work and effort, with a buy-back revenue stream that covers only a small fraction of the cost of our efforts. That’s OK, we believe it to be a very valuable effort.
- We use recycled papers whenever possible, and encourage others to do the same.
- We use inks and toners that are recyclable.
- We use chemicals and solvents that are almost 100% water soluble, bio-degradable, and recyclable. They are often more expensive, but we consider these products to be a wise investment.
- We have implemented programs to reduce our electrical consumption and to minimize the usage of all raw materials.
- A very important way that we urge our customers to partner with us in our environment efforts is by using our digital/internet ordering, proofing, and reordering system. Use of our digital ordering system enables all of us to save substantial amounts of gasoline and other raw materials.
- If you have suggestions about how we could further our environmental impact, please email us with your ideas.